Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!




I have had the BEST mothers day weekend, so I figured I'd blog. :) It began on Friday when my Mother's Day gift came in the mail. I have wanted my own little light laptop for quite a while so I can take it to school & to my classes, etc. And my sweet hubby agreed with me that it would make a great mothers day/birthday gift. My birthday is in the middle of our little family's month of birthdays (5 between Aug 16 & Oct 29). During mine we're in the middle of the kids & parties & usually running low on the moolah. So, my big idea is to get a good mother's day gift and let the birthday sorta slide, you know, spread the wealth. So, I got a netbook (a baby notebook) and it's so cute & so light & so much fun! It's an ACER Aspire one - blue (Kylie is jealous). So we played with that on Friday.

Saturday was a fun, fun day! Our school had a carnival which was a lot of fun. Perfect weather. We saw lots of friends & a couple of cousins. We played and had fun and then went to the movies to see XMen: Wolverine. We had so much fun - it was so good! Then we went to Cafe Rio - YUMMY!

Sunday I woke up and showered and when I got out, I was taken downstairs to a yummy breakfast & decorated table. TJay had woken up (huge) and gotten all the kids up (even Kylie). TJay helped them all get ready for church & I had a fabulous day at church learning about Lucy Mack Smith. Alyssa fixed dinner and we ate, then I announced it was time for my nap & I went and napped for 3 lovely hours! :) Then I hung out with mykiddos (the greatest people in the world!) and we went for a lovely evening walk. Now I'm just hanging out with the family until bedtime (which is really soon).

More good news: only 3 weeks of school left!

Wishing all the moms out there a fabulous day today and every day!!
Treyson made this most excellent notebook cover and flower pen for me for mothers day. (The tiger face is from the carnival).

3 comments:

Megan said...

CUTE! Glad you had a great day!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Looks like you really did get spoiled! Good. All us moms deserve it once in awhile right???

Topsy said...

Happy Mothers Day! You deserve it!