Sunday, October 11, 2009

OINK< OINK

Ok, so I had to poke a little fun. H1N1 has hit our home. Kylie & Trey both tested positive this week for that strain of the influenza virus. Things we've learned: the media is all hype! The only difference between this strain and others is that this is a new one, and we've all built up some resistance to the others. H1N1 isn't more dangerous, worse or kill more people than other strains. We also learned that mostly people are kind, but sometimes they're a little stupid. (mainly adults, who I guess just need to learn more - myself too). As far as my experience with the flu goes, H1N1 rocks! No puke, Trey was only sick for about a day. Ky's been down for a week, but only fevered for 4 days. The good news, Ky & Trey don't need an H1N1 vacine! :) More good news: Everyone is going to school tomorrow! A week is a looong time for a 7th grader to miss school. And, 2 days is a looong time for a 5yo to miss school & playing with friends! :)

Other news, it is my birthday tomorrow. I will be closer to 40 than to 30. :( It's ok, though because I really like where I'm at right now. I guess 35 has been great & 36 should be even better! :) (let's hope). So, I will enjoy tomorrow (teaching, chiropractor, dinner out, drive car to airport) and then get on with the party planning for the pirate party and the still undecided party. When you're turning 6 & 10, you need a party! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad they're feeling better! Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topsy said...

oooh. I have pirate ideas. Been there and done that!