Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hello blog world

Okay, I admit that I'm technologically challenged - that is why I married a techno genius. But, apparently, EVERYONE is online blogging now, and I've had fun reading blogs, so I'll give it a try. I guess it'll sort of be an online diary without all the nitty gritty stuff (if you're lucky, I'll add the nitty gritty. I guess if I figure out nitty-gritty).
So, we are in the midst of "birthday season". Birthday season begins August 16th with TJay's birthday (39 this year, still very YOUNG at heart).
Then we continue to September 26 with Kylie. She turned 12 this year and so it was a HUGE celebration! There was best friends at a sleep-over, Color Me Mine (very fun), glitter nails (thanks, Kath), pizza, ice cream, pop and candy (to help us stay awake), chocolate pancakes ( a sleep-over staple so all the friends wish they were Belts and could have brownies and frosting for breakfast too), bracelet making and then running all over the place to deliver friends to their various homes, soccer games, etc.
Continuing on with birthdays, mine is in a week (October 12 - gifts are welcome). Keri (my cousin) and I have birthdays 2 days apart and decided we would be 22 this year. We pretty much decide on our new age around the time our birthday approaches. We were 29 for quite a few years. That's an enjoyable age.
Then, Alyssa is October 25, and she will turn 9 this year. She wants a skating party, but we'll have to see how ambitious I'm feeling. :) Trey finishes us up on October 29 (because I teased Keri about her daughter being a "spooky baby" because she was born on the 28th, it's my comupance). Treyson may be having an early birthday party this year, because that last week in October is packed! Then birthday season is over for the next 10 months.
I'm going to post this and decorate my page and find other blogs. Look at me go . . .

No comments: