Monday, October 6, 2008

Treyson

It is amazing how time can "heal wounds", whether they be physical, mental or emotional. I'm sitting here with Trey a couple of feet from me playing Nintendo, his latest obsession. He is able to play it by himself. He knows how to play it. He can hear it. He can move his little fingers to move the joystick controller and press the little buttons. Most amazingly, he can clearly say, "mom, it's time for me to play Nintendo". It makes all of the years (3 so far) and hours (too many to count) of classes and doctors and driving worth it. To have a sweet little boy who just 2 short years ago was labeled "moderately developmentally disabled" in many areas (fine motor, gross motor, speech) with some "autistic tenets"; now he is only "age-appropriate delayed" and no autistic signs. What wonderful words that we had hoped beyond hope to hear. After two girls who raised themselves, taught themselves and were relatively easy; I've decided that actual parenting and teaching is hard! :) I love my boy!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Christy!
Yey, now I can keep up with your blog too! Good news for Treyson...he's a cutie!

Ginn Family said...

That is so great!! Way to go Trey!!