Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sledding Fun

Let me begin by saying I believe Idaho is the coldest (ok, maybe not THE) place on earth (or at least out of Utah, Idaho and Guatemala). So, the reason we choose to make our annual trip to visit TJay's parents and brother around Christmas? Ya, I don't know either. When they told us it was warm, after all it was almost up to 30 (30 is still BELOW freezing), I knew we were in trouble. Luckily, his parents' new home is very well insulated! :)

However, while we were up there, we were invited to tag along with Jeff and his family (T.Jay's brother who has kids our kids' ages) up to a neighbors "cabin" and go sledding, hot chocolate drinking and chili eating. LOVED IT!! We traveled up to Ashton, Idaho and it was absolutely beautiful! The view of the valley and the river running through it was awesome. Everyone had a great time sledding. I was amazed at how many times Treyson went down and walked back up (except when he could hitch a ride on uncle Jeff's snowmobile - which is the way to go when you go sledding)! The girls got in this big sled and went down an iced trail Jeff carved out with his machine. They jumped! and totally got air so many times! They loved it. Ky was even in the sled when it jumped the road. TJay had a great time going down like crazy. I, of course, screamed the whole time (I am such a wimp sometimes). It was so much fun! Idaho is fun also, we don't love it for the weather, but we love it for the cousins and granparents! We have so much fun!

I can't find the pictures that TJay's mom took. She stood at the bottom of the hill most of the day getting the perfect pictures! Glad she loves to do that so that I can just copy! :) I will just put them up randomly when I discover their where abouts! :)

6 comments:

Topsy said...

So fun, wish I was there.

Cleta said...

And I got pictures of their flight, their landing and you can almost hear their giggles as they lay gasping, giggling in the snow, their mittened hands batting away errant clumps of cold. I only took about 120 photos. Love ABA

Carrie said...

We were in Idaho for Christmas too. I agree, way too cole, but lots of fun. Your kids are adorable. It's fun to see old friends from SSHS.

Megan said...

Sounds fun! I love sledding...watching your kids faces is the best. I like the snowmobile taking you to the top of the hill...I want that when I sled next time! LOL

Cleta said...

ps. I have entered some blogs during January, but your record shows the last time was four months ago. Ask TJay why??

Julie Anne Thornton said...

Sounds like the belt group had a blast in Idaho!
You can't beat cold noses and warm hearts, right?