Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let it Snow!


Treyson, all bundled up. It took about 20 minutes to dress him, after 5 he was ready to come inside & get hot cocoa. Then we found the sled and he went out again for a couple of hours. Alyssa & her friend Jenna.
Jenna, Alyssa, Emily (Kylie's friend), Kylie & Treyson. You can see the big snowflakes a fallin'.

Yes, it is snowing (again). It snowed yesterday (around 5-6" at our house). It has pretty much snowed for the last few days (a week?) here. I look at pictures on my sister in law's blog and they're sitting in their driveway in shorts watching dad wash the car. Ya, I could do that (in a snowsuit if I were nuts or under the age of 10). Our dad would wash the car, except that the water would freeze. (I may be jealous, I'm looking for jobs for TJay in Guatemala - it's warm there. It's my annual quest to move to Guatemala. I'll get over it around April - still 3 more months, maybe a short-term job). My cousin's blog had a picture of them walking in the surf on the beach in So. Cal. Ya, I'm jealous of them too. Envy is one of those things it's ok to have, or not?


Kylie put snow as #8 on her Christmas wish list. So, Santa, mark that one off. :) I am actually liking the snow (as I sit inside on my computer with chocolate milk and a warm lunch in front of me). The kids love it! We went and saw Twilight yesterday with one of Kylie's friends. Then we came home to play in the snow: sled, build forts, make angels. For Treyson, it was just a feat to walk through the snow as it came up to his thighs. Alyssa's friend came over to join in the snow fun and her parents (who are from Michigan) said this is more like Michigan snow than Utah snow. (Great, never wanted to live in Michigan, may not even want to visit).

At least I'm done Christmas shopping (if we don't have it, we ain't gonna get it) and don't have to leave my house (except to go to the gym tonight) again. We are hoping the snow lets up so we can travel to Idaho ( possibly the only place colder and with more snow than us. I don't like cold, why do I always think it'll be fun to go to Idaho in December? I'm nuts or forgetful or both or huh?) I'm going to post a couple of pictures of the kids playing in the snow yesterday.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!! I only mailed about half of our Christmas cards, so if you didn't get one, send me your address, and for the half I didn't get mailed out, enjoy a New Year's Card! :) Love to you all!

3 comments:

Topsy said...

You can only have envy if it compels you to visit said sister in TX. And then of course, it is looked upon as a gracious attribute to your already stellar character!

The Leavitt's said...

I love the snow! If it's going to be cold, it should snow. Of course I do remember, quite vividly, you getting a good white washing one day by your "not so" little brother and the other 2 neighbor boys. That may have soured you a little on the whole snow scene.

I must admit, I've been 2 more times to Twilight, since the first two half viewings. I am a closet lover of the flick!

Megan said...

I am so not a snow person, but I have actually been enjoying it too! My kids have LOVED it! It's always nice to have a white Christmas, but shorts and sunshine do sound sooo nice.
So how was Twilight...still love it? J/K I am jealous, I want to see it again too.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!