Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday

I have had such a great Sunday! It began with fasting, which isn't my favorite - but this week I have a personal purpose. There is a little boy in who was in my nursery class who had cancer this summer, got his liver replaced and they thought it was gone. His hair is growing back, he got his PICKU out (feeding tube thingy) and was looking great. He is 2. His mom had a baby on Sunday, on Thursday they found out the cancer is back in his lung. So, tomorrow treatments begin again. Another girl from our ward had serious medical problems on her mission and is home trying to recover, still it's going to be a long haul. So, the ward was fasting for these two youngsters and their families. The opening prayer in Sacrament meeting was beyond inspirational - with everyone crying. It was too amazing to put into writing. Lyssa bore her testimony today, and sometimes sounds more like a 30 year old than a 9 year old. It was lovely.

Then in primary, Trey gave a talk about Jesus being born and the wise men coming and how we can be like him. Then I got to do my calling, which is singing "with" both the nursery classes. The babies (1 1/2 & 2 year old nursery) are so cute! They are getting to know the songs so well and love to sing the last word in each line. :) The big nursery (11 - 3 year old boys & 1 girl) gets a bit crazy. :) Love it! Since I sing in nursery, I get to go to Relief Society again, and that is always a spiritual treat, but with testimonies, it is always better.

I actually made a really yummy dinner (somehow fast Sunday dinners are always better). We had our hometeachers come - on the 1st Sunday no less. And I've read at least 5 articles in the December Ensign. I'm catching up with old friends & their families now through blog posts while watching the old claymation "Rudolph" show with my family. And, I made my favorite treat: sweet Chex mix. (Ok, so it's my favorite treat today). ;) I feel well-rested (I got a nap in also), well fed (physically & spiritually) and well-loved (played lots of games with Trey this afternoon). What a great way to end a great weekend!

Oh, lest I forget, we had the opportunity to see Jeff & Autumn (TJay's brother) and their kids Friday night and again on Saturday. The cousins don't get to play often since the ones from Idaho don't come down much and we don't go up much. They always have a great time together and are looking forward to seeing each other when we go up after Christmas. :) Love it!

I'm ready to start a new week and happily feeling the Christmas spirit which is the spirit of Christ!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It was great at church today wasn't it! I love our ward.
Sounds like a great day for you, Sunday's are always my favorite! Have a good week.

Topsy said...

Wow, that post was just full of goodness, joy and hope!

Heffalumps and Woozles said...

Even though my children were ornery on Sunday, I left church so edified and grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful, caring and spiritually gifted friends. Thanks for being one of them.