Thursday, December 25, 2008

Traveling with Kids

I was thinking today, as the kids were unwrapping gifts, how much easier it is now days for kids to travel (or for parents). Today the family got a portable (read car) dvd player because the other one broke. Each girl got a video/mp3 player and Trey got a ds. This joins the girls' ds, the girls' & mom's & dad's mp3 players (4 total) and the nano dad won last month. So, when we go to Idaho tomorrow (weather permitting) we shouldn't have to talk to each other at all. :) Great when you think of the endless "are we there yets" or "she's hitting me". But, maybe not so good when you don't get to play the license plate game. Of course, I always disliked traveling when I was little: no electronics and I get so carsick that reading was out of the question. Of course, those were the days when seatbelts were optional and we'd lay on the floor of the stationwagon and sleep or dream, or ask "are we there yet?"

2 comments:

Topsy said...

Say hullo to Idaho for me. I miss it.

Megan said...

Sounds like you guys got some great ifts! Have fun in Idaho, I hear the roads are bad though, so drive safe!