Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vomit and Candles

Vomit and Candles . . . we've reached a conscensus in our family, that is what our family room smells like. Okay, I know you are jealous. Right now you are thinking, "wow! how do I get my house to smell like vomit & candles?". Well, I'll give you the formula. First start off Saturday evening with a family dinner at JCW's (I LOVE JCW's). Everyone gets a burger, fries & a shake. Fat & happy comes to mind right now. Then you go to a dance recital where, unbeknownst to you, the dancer has a tummy ache. She dances, she visits with Santa, she comes home and lays down to watch a movie with the family. Then she comes to cuddle and says she doesn't feel very good. You say, do you need something? "no" Do you feel like throwing up? "no". Okay, cuddle with said child on dual recliner (note to self: never let a sick child cuddle with you on the new, nice sofa). A little time passes and child sits up and VOMITS. She is a very talented vomiter and a recliner has a LOT of crevices where vomit chunks can get to (you could tell what she had eaten for dinner - GROSS). After spending an hour and a half cleaning the floor, the table, the recliner, remote control, etc. The room still smells like vomit. Of course, it is Saturday night so you can't call a cleaning company to come over. Kylie said the room stinks, so I told her to mop the kitchen floor because the orange or lemon or whatever flavor lysol cleaner we have will possibly over power the vomit smell. It helped.

So today, when we got up and went downstairs, it still smelled like vomit (let me add - just for sympathy- that Lyssa got up and vomitted every hour last night until 6 this morning. At least she made it into the puke bowl or the bathroom). So, it being the Christmas season and Kylie having inherited her father's tendency to be a pyromaniac, There are about 10 candles lit and burning in the family room/kitchen. TJay found a cherry car smeller thing (probably the official name) and set it on the floor by the sofa, so when you're down there it smells like pukey-cherry. YUM! I've cleaned with every product that I have (TJay even sprayed Pledge, thinking it was air-spray) and still we have the puke smell.

Tomorrow, I call carpet cleaners and beg until I can find someone who can come tomorrow and clean the couch and the carpet. Yeah, that will be fun. I guess I'll spend my Christmas bonus on that. Well, if I wasn't expecting it, I can't miss it. Right? Anyway, that is how we have the delicious scent of vomit and candles. To smell for yourself, come on over, but hurry, it's here for a limited engagement (hopefully).

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am sorry! That is not fun, and I hate the smell of vomit.
Nothing is worse! I hope the smell leaves soon.

Hulamum said...

Oh, the joys of having children! Hope Lys is feeling better. If you can't get someone to come today, let me know. I have a carpet cleaner. Not professional, but it will get the smell out.

Cleta said...

Tell Lys that her daddy vomited all over me--several times--when he was a baby. Too bad you can't just pop the carpet and sofa in the shower like I did every time he erupted all over me. Fully clothed, mind you to clean us and the clothing at the same time. but then the poor boy was allergic to the milk the doctor had suggested. Hope you feel better Lys! Love you, ABA

Topsy said...

Hey I think it was this exact day last year that me and the kids all had the vomits. We did it in the kitchen, in my bed, in Big Guy's bed, and in Sib's bed. Oh, and the bathroom floor, while I was doing it in the toilet. Ahhh, good memories.

Sorry bout your couch.

Ginn Family said...

Oh, that is so sad. I don't think there's anything worse than cleaning up vomit and trying to console a sick child while you do it.