Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just Happy

This is just a happy blog, so if you're grumpy go ahead and skip it. :) I'm just feeling good today (maybe because I don't have to go to the gym until tonight, so I'm having a leisurely computer morning).
Kylie is a BEAR to get up in the morning: it goes like this, "Kylie, get up" (kind of softly spoken by me). "KY, it's time to get up" (hollered a bit more harshly). "Kylie get out of bed NOW! You're going to be late for school! (so, now I'm a WEE bit cranky & harsh). Sometimes it's repeated and lectures and yelling (both ways). Followed by "have a great day at school". (ya, right, like that's going to happen now.) So, after one of these all too harsh mornings (in which I yelled at my sweet hubby for suggesting I was being a bit too mean), TJay (who wakes up the same way Ky does - BAD) suggested I begin the mornings by just laying down with her and hugging her. So, I've tried that, I get up earlier so that I can crawl in bed next to my Ky and just lay there by her giving her hugs. Guess what? It works beautifully! Ky gets up (still not right away, but eventually), I feel good, we always get some time alone together (everyone else s still asleep), and the morning starts off beautifully. So, my mornings go better now. :)
Also, I was so worried last week about parent-teacher conference, it's always a bit nerve-wracking, sometimes parents suprise you with bad vibes. But 24 out of 27 parents showed up (yeah) and it went so well. :) And, it's over!
Wednesday, I get to go to a fireside to listen to one of my favorite authors (not Stephenie Meyer): Rachel Ann Nunes. She wrote the Ariana series which a fun LDS novel series. I'm excited for that.
More good news, we are finalizing our Thanksgiving trip to Moab plans and I'm so excited. We are renting a house with 3 rooms and a kitchen, for about the price of a motel room. We will be going to Canyonlands and Arches and I'm just getting excited for hiking around with the kids. We had such a great time last month, I'm excited to be going again.
Next week, our school has 2 half days and Friday off! woo hoo! I'm excited for that. Friday is my date with Kylie (and Robyn Cash and a bunch of webb cousins) to see Twilight! In Kylie's words, "the guy who plays Jacob Black is a hottie!" (she is right, have you seen pictures of him?) The other two get to play with Uncle Davey, since Daddy will be gone to Seattle all next week (i feel a chocolate pancake dinner coming up).
So, anyway, I'm just happy right now. (knock on wood). And happy I got to sit and get caught up on my friends' blogs and blog a bit this morning. I love lazy, rainy mornings. I don't have to go in to work until 11:30. Perfect! (Gina, thanks for drawing an eye for me - it's up on the bulletin board because it's our eye unit now.) :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Good days like this are the best! Snuggling with kids can make everyday start out great...that's how I try to start out too!!

Bobby Ginn said...

You are such a great mom, I am taking notes because Stacia has a hard time waking up as well.

Topsy said...

That was a happy blog entry! Love it! Have fun on your vacation. Give Ky bug a little snuggle for me. I miss her. Tell her she isn't old enough to think boys are hotties! I'm still picturing her seven. Yeah, I like seven. She is seven in my world. And then whisper to her that if, IF ANYONE is a hottie it is SUPERMAN - you know that welling kid. Now he is HOT!