Sunday, November 16, 2008

Smokin . . .

Well, I decided to vacuum on Saturday (dang cold weather, I should be at the lake on Saturday), that was my first mistake. I was vacuuming the living room and heard a funny noise. Then I smelled smoke. Then I looked down and saw smoke billowing out of my vacuum cleaner. First I hollered, then I turned the blasted machine off, unplugged it and set it outside. It is now in residence in the garbage can. I went to buy a new one (I was only part way done with the front room), and TJay said he'd come and we'd look at TV's. So, what did we come home with? If you guessed a new vacuum, you'd be wrong. We bought a TV (TJay's story will differ, he'll claim it was all me, he didn't want to buy one, yada-yada). So, I guess I get to go on Monday to purchase a new vacuum, again not finished vacuuming. So, if you come over, don't look at my half vacuumed front room (or, maybe do, but only the vacuumed side not the unvacuumed side. Kind of a glass half full sort of scenerio). If you have any advice on what kind of a vacuum to get (think cheap; not bagless) then please let me know. :)

2 comments:

Cleta said...

HMM< I did that, kind of. I vacuumed up a piece of cord from one of my projects,and burned up the motor before I could get it off. Of course, Obo thought I was just tired of my twenty-five year old Kirby, hmm. We headed to Baks and bought a vacuum that can make the floor vibrate. It picks up dirt like an elephant inhaling water for a bath. Yahoo. But we kept the old Kirby for future repairs. Then after we moved to the frozen tundra of the north, we stopped in the Kirby shop and found out that we could send the Kirby back east and they would replace the motor and send it back. Voila--for shipping and handling, some $60 I now have an upstairs vac and a totally cleaned-up and refurbished downstairs vac. We just need a downstairs to vac. But we will someday. (By the way, the dark background and the lovely decoration makes for difficult reading for these old eyes.) Love ABA

Megan said...

WHat would I do without a vacuum? : ) I hope you get a good one. Matt is a sucker for salesmen and now we own an over priced Kirby.
Good luck, and yey for a new TV! ; }